Monday 6 February 2012

NYR Wild Rose Beauty Balm

So here I go with my first beauty review of one of my can't-live-without products...

As a girl who has taken skincare seriously throughout my 20's I have tried and tested many cleansers with favourites including the Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser and the famous Eve Lom Cleanser.

Despite my initial reservations about oil based cleansers (I don't want a greasy face!) I have come to realise that the science behind these cleansers actually works for me. They help dissolve any makeup and grime on my face and I love the results as they draw the impurities from the skin helping clear any breakouts more quickly.

I used to be a massive fan of Eve Lom Cleanser until I discovered an alternative from Neals Yard Remedies - Wild Rose Beauty Balm.

NYR Wild Rose Beauty Balm
 Neals Yard prides itself on the premise that beauty should be "less synthetic and more natural" which is why all their products are all organic and their business is carbon neutral. This means major guilt free shopping whenever I need to restock my washbag!

The balm contains exceptionally high levels of wild rosehip oil – a potent antioxidant proven to help repair, firm and smooth the skin. This is combined with geranium, starflower, hemp and rosemary seed oil, to help decongest and enrich the skin, restoring its natural radiance. This combination gives it an incredible heady relaxing smell a bit like aromatherapy or massage oils (my boyfriend absolutely loves the smell!)


Directions for Use
  • I usually take an amount about the size of tip of my little finger - this is enough for the whole face
  • Massage balm into the face
  • Wet muslin cloth with warm water (Muslin cloth made from organic cotton is included every time you buy!)
  • Gently buff the balm off in circular motions
  • Pat face dry
Finger tip sized amount should cover the whole face

If I've got heavy eye make up on (smoky eye/black gel eyeliner) I usually need to finish eyes off with eye make up remover.

Even once I have washed the balm off with the muslin cloth and used a toner, my skin still feels like it has taken on some of the oil resulting in an extremely well moisturised quite luxurious finish - great before bed!

As well as a good cleanser, my top tip is to use Wild Rose Beauty Balm as an intensive moisturiser - perfect on tough dry spots like elbows. To me this is product has the potential to be the best all rounder since Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream...

Wild Rose Beauty Balm retails at £35.25 for 50ml which I think is incredible value given that a pot usually lasts me 3-6 months.

You can buy the product at the link below or in any NYR store:
NYR Wild Rose Beauty Balm

I would love to know what is your favourite cleanser?

Lindsey

6 comments:

  1. This cleanser looks lovely :) I've always liked the Neal's Yard packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging too, always reminds me of luxury hotels! Can you get NYR stuff in Oz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this product so much! a bit of a NYR addict :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Rosie, what are your other favourite products?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is all made from recycled material and the iconic blue bottles too! A truly natural and organic company!
    The wild roase beauty balm has loads of great uses from lip balm, to nail balm, good for dry heels and soothing burns or sunburn - to name just a few!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these products so much, I became a consultant!! You can too!
    http://www.us,nyrorganic.com/shop/deniseagnew

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!