Thursday 18 October 2012

Nails of the Day: Dreamy

Photos 1-3 in natural light, Photo 4 inside under spotlights
I popped into Superdrug at the weekend as I was running extremely low on my Fashionista concealer and was pleased to find they had loads of offers on. Not only did I get the concealer half price for £3 they also had nail varnish available at 2 for £6. This is a great deal when they are usually £5 each!

I'vI love my usual pinks, corals and reds but have recently been experimenting with different colours (you can check out a gorgeous turquoise Maybelline varnish review here  and I have an amazing orange from OPI coming soon!).

I picked up shade 4 Dreamy instantly - there was just something about this colour that was very different - a gorgeous creamy blue toned purple. For a value high street brand I was very pleased with the application - the brush and the varnish were easy to work with although I did find it streaked quite easily if you used too many brush strokes so it was best to apply quickly and boldly. I have three coats on in the pictures above but you could definitely just put on two.

I've worn this varnish all week at my office and had two compliments on both how nice and how different the colour is. I loved that I can still look professional in a massively corporate world but incorporate a bit of my own personality into my daily look.

I can see me wearing this colour throughout Autumn/Winter but also being perfect into Spring - definitely worth buying now if you the deal is still on,

Do you like the colour?

Lindsey 

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lindsey, Mmmm,that's a really pretty colour, reminds me of hyacinths... roll on spring, like yourself, I am a sun-lover! If you want something to make you smile on this misty monday morning, please take a peep at my silly moustache GIF! x http://modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty color! I've never tried fashionista polist, but now I'm going to have to give it a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely would recommend it. Pleasantly surprised by both the quality of the polish and the brush. The pots are fairly small but inexpensive so it means we can buy more colours!

      Let me know how you get on with it

      lindsey x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!