Tuesday 20 March 2012

Track of the Week - Santigold

I've not chosen a dance track this week as I've been loving the sounds of Santigold on her new record.

She has been compared to MIA (she toured with her on her debut album) and you may know her for L.E.S. Artistes and Lights Out - two of my favourite tracks off her first album Santogold from 2008.

If you're as confused as I am whether it should be Santo or Santi, she was actually forced to change her artist name to Santigold in 2009 after legal action from a jewellery company with the same name!

Disparate Youth is catchy as hell and if this is anything to go by I have high hopes for the rest of the album Master of My Make Believe out on 25th April.


So what do you think of Santigold's latest track?

Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. Love a bit of Santigold in my life!

    http://loadofchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :)

      I loved L.E.S Artistes but think I prefer this track - definitely an edgier sound!

      Lindsey x

      Delete
  2. Amazeballs

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!