Monday 16 July 2012

ASOS £100 Style Challenge

To celebrate hitting 1000 followers on Twitter, Discount Coder (@DiscountCoder) are running a competition to win a £100 ASOS voucher. All you have to do is style an outfit made up of items from ASOS for a maximum of £100.

I've seen the competition on a couple of blogs so thought I'd give it a try myself... I have to say this was a lot harder than I thought, as despite there being a lot of bargains on ASOS at the moment, £100 doesn't get you very far when you have a full outfit including accessories to style.

Anyway here is my look...





ASOS T-Shirt with Quilted Section £18.00
ASOS Mini Skirt in Leather Look £25.00
ASOS DENY Wedge High Top Trainers With Suede Detail £45.00
ASOS Skull and Floral Scarf £12.00

Total Cost = £100

Here is a full length photo of the scarf so you can see how it would complement the outfit:




I've opted for some key sports luxe features (you can see my post about sports luxe here) - the wedge high top trainers are bang on trend and set to stay for A/W 2012 (I've seen a sneak preview of a gorgeous pair in the New Look collection on Instagram). I've teamed them with a panelled leather look skirt, again this item will be great right through to next season with the gothic trend all over the catwalk.

The scarf will also be perfect into autumn (gothic trend and weather!) and I like the floral twist on the ever popular skull print, also adding some girliness to the sporty look. I've gone for a short hemline and textured layers with the quilting and scarf to help balance out the chunky wedge trainers.

I'm really happy with this outfit and its definitely something I would like to wear... you never know, if I win the competition I might just treat myself to these exact items! I think they come together well but individually are great capsule wardrobe pieces that will carry through to next year.

If you'd like to enter the competition yourself, visit Discount Coder's website here.

What do you think of the outfit? Would you wear wedge trainers?

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love this outfit especially the scarf! We'd defo wear wedge trainers and this pair would be a great addition to the Heiress v. Penniless post on wedge trainers we wrote a few months ago: http://www.3badmice.com/2012/03/heiress-vs-peniless-wedge-trainers.html

    Love the blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, glad you like it! I'm not usually a fan of the overdone McQueen-esque skull scarf but for some reason I loved this one :)

      Great blog post btw

      Lindsey x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!